tr.v., -lift·ed, -lift·ing, -lifts.
1. To raise; elevate. 2. To raise to a higher social, intellectual, or moral level. 3. To raise to spiritual or emotional heights; uplifts the spirit.
It was a book, gifted from a good childhood friend, that got me started on the self-development path. The book was ‘Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway‘ by Susan Jeffers. I was in my early 20s and I was hooked immediately. Many self-development books and practices later, I’ve become a leader in the field, pioneering a very important movement that addresses how we do business.
- The Uplift! philosophy integrates and incorporates the importance of going back to our beginnings; it connects ‘Being Human’ with all that we do — especially the ways we work and live our lives.
- Uplift! embodies the Mind, Body, and Soul. At our core, we believe that the better you know yourself, the happier you (and a better place this world) will be. Our intention is to share the wisdom we have learned along the way to help you find your own path.
- We Uplift and inspire through our words and actions.
- Our foundation is deeply rooted in yoga, meditation, and mindfulness, tools that have the ability transform lives when used with dedication and commitment.
- We Get Grounded.
- Most of us are running from task to task without taking time to be quiet and listen to our bodies. Our bodies contain great wisdom; getting grounded connects us to that knowledge.
- We believe in gratitude.
- We are honored and privileged to serve our clients in ways that nourish and support their paths. We approach our work with an attitude of compassion, kindness, and humility.
- We believe in living with open hearts.
- We believe that sometimes we need to take a leap of faith.
- We believe that good business treats everyone with great respect, kindness, and compassion and that begins with ourselves.
- We believe that we are human beings, not human doings.
- We believe that the way of business today isn’t working.
- We need to move toward a more ‘human’ way of doing business with a focus on open, honest communication.
- We believe that leadership is about uplifting and inspiring, not controlling or being inundated by greed and injustice.
- We believe in living with purpose, passion, and conviction.
- We’re all here for a reason. Life is short and it is precious.
- We choose love over fear.
- Love leads to greater kindness and compassion, while fear leads to more violence in our world. Start with getting to know yourself by working on and loving who you are.
- We believe in the principles of ease, flow, and abundance.
- This abundance is everywhere. Anyone can have access to it, if we are only willing to give up control and fear of the unknown.
- We know that our birthright is to be happy and at peace.
- We believe that, by following our heart and intuition, we have access to great wisdom..
- We believe in the power of positive thought.
- We believe in a higher force, that we can all trust in ‘the process’.
- We believe in celebrating the whole person and the power of the Body-Mind-Soul connection.
- We believe that there is no right or wrong step on your path. It’s called perfection.
- We believe that the circumstances that cause grief and suffering in our lives are gifts or wakeup calls to change. The change is our choice; we’re accountable for our own destinies.
- We believe that the body has a capacity to heal itself.
- We believe that the palms of the hands and the planets overhead are narratives in our self-development.
We aspire to live by the words of the Dalai Lama:
“Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others, to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others. I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.”
- Get to know yourself, love who you are, be kind and compassionate to you.
- Let go of fear; it only gets in your way.
- Listen to the whisperings of your soul.
- Breathe, relax, and be open to receiving.
- Practice yoga, mediation and mindfulness – it’s more than good for you.
- Eat well and nourish your body, but also nourish your mind and soul with delightful thought and actions.
- We excel in mutually supportive communities. Find your tribe.
- Embody life by way of the breath. After all, it’s our ‘life force’.
- Watch and be witness to your thoughts, words, and actions.
- What we resist, persists. The Universe will continue to come knocking at your door until you understand the lesson.
- Find the balance between receiving and giving.
- Find time to be alone and relish that time.
- Spend time in nature; it’s one of our best teachers. The rhythm of nature is a gift bestowed upon us.
- Energy is contagious. Be positive and balance out the negative.
- Learn. Learn good things that feed your soul.
- Change your mind; change the world.
- Find the space within you to lead.
- Don’t stop yourself before you get started.
- Be present and wake up to the beauty around you.
- We are all Genius; find yours and Be it.
- We need everyone to play their part. We’re counting on and believe in YOU
As a symbol, the dandelion flower is the ultimate emblem for persistence and a strong will. It is also thought to represent wishes coming true, cheerful love, and general happiness. The name actually comes from a French word and means “lion’s tooth”.