If you’ve landed here – WELCOME!
I’d love your help to advance an urgent topic.
We’re building a podcast platform to open up a much-needed dialogue to build the bridge between Leadership & Wellbeing. I am excited to receive your feedback and input.
First, here’s the background:
Over the past decade, I’ve talked with countless leaders and organizations across the private and public sector. I’ve witnessed some consistent, sometimes unsettling themes arising out of an ‘operating system’ that has expired and is past due. The old ways of competition and “success at all costs” has taken a tremendous toll on our health, our communities and the planet. According to the Mental Health Commission of Canada, mental health and illness are costing the economy over 50 billion per year, with 1.5 million people calling in sick per week! It’s staggering.
New ways of leading and working is much needed. In this new way of leading, meaning and purpose matter most and wellbeing is a priority. This cultural shift calls on our courage to do things differently.
Let’s bridge together and rewrite the script to build new ways of Leading.
The Podcast, What it’s About:
This Spring, I’m launching a Podcast, called “Uplift Your Leadership Podcast”, hosted by Paula Pyne, Mindful Leadership & Wellbeing Facilitator and Coach
Here are some of the consistent themes that continue to show up in the current paradigm. Does this sound familiar – if not you, a colleague that has experienced one or the other or all?
- Do you feel like you are working on empty?
- Does your leadership emphasize well-being and mental health, yet still demands more? Success at all costs?
- Are you a People Leader who struggles with lack of team engagement and seeking ways to break down communication barriers by learning mindful ways to create an environment of trust and safety?
- Do you feel guilty, stressed for taking time off to ‘self-care’?
- Have you lost sight of your leadership purpose?
- Are you struggling in your relationships? Are you struggling with your health?
- Are your sleep patterns interrupted because of anxiety, worry or depression?
- Have you been on the other end of ‘leadership behavior’ that’s inappropriate, doesn’t align with the organizational values or with your values, (i.e., bullying, gas-lighting, sexual harassment) but have been afraid to speak up? Unfortunately, you’ve been forced to quit, take a ‘stress leave’ or have been asked to leave, because of ‘business reasons’?
- Is your leadership inspirational, uplifting, give you hope for a better future?
If you feel called to contribute here are some questions for you and where I need your help and feedback. Write to us at email@example.com:
- What leadership themes or topics resonate with you the most that you’d like to hear more on?
- What are the most pressing leadership issues that need dynamic dialogue? What stories do we need to shed light?
- Who would you like to see on the show?
Lastly, please forward this link to at least 10 people in your network who you think might be able to contribute, as a guest or benefit as a listener or in other ways. I look forward to hearing from you!
With deep appreciation,